Welcome to Solution Garden,
the place for completing projects successfully and making sure nothing falls through the cracks. I’m Shay and I’ve loved planning, problem-solving, and getting sh*t done since I could hold a pencil (maybe even earlier).
Over the years I’ve noticed that projects often struggle because they:
- don’t know how to structure their projects,
- don’t know how to get started,
- don’t know how to manage difficult team members or clients,
- just have way too much to do and need help getting and staying on track.
Seeing businesses get stuck on the same things again and again made me realize that it’s often difficult to make progress and work through issues when you’re right in the middle of it all. My outside perspective allows me to quickly resolve new problems as well as problems that have been nagging you for years.
While working on my MBA, I started managing projects for businesses of all sizes to help them get their projects started and run them effectively. I’ve since become a certified project manager (PMP) and have been leading projects for over 15 years.
Clients have included:
- Sealed Air
- Create Technologies
Why work with me instead of one of the other thousands of project managers?
- My number one goal is to make my clients’ lives easier. That means different things to different people. I will take the time to find out what that means for you and your project and make it happen.
- I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty. Some project managers stick to a very literal definition of the word “manage,” which according to the dictionary means “be in charge of.” While I certainly am happy to take the wheel, in addition to handling spreadsheets and presentations I will actually do the work. Sometimes things need to be delegated, but sometimes things just need to get done.
- I’ve worked on some very complex projects, and I don’t get overwhelmed or frustrated easily. I always consider it to be part of my role to minimize frustration and stress for you and your team.
Why the name Solution Garden?
I’m often asked where the name of my business came from. After a lot of brainstorming with family and friends, my husband asked me what it is that I really do. I responded, “I provide solutions to problems.” We agreed that my business is a garden of solutions, hence the name Solution Garden!